Tuesday, October 6, 2015

culture jamming & zines





After the local Sunday flea-market unsold goods are often left behind by the sellers. I usually go for a stroll through the parking-lot when they have all gone to see if there is anything of interest amongst the discards.
Last Sunday I found several children’s books.
I use these to make zines on my favourite subject - culture-jamming
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zine

After painting the pages with cream paint:
I affix photoshop collages I have made from images gleaned from newspapers and magazines (also found as discards).
Here are three such images from my “bar-code” series:





  These zines also form video slide-shows which I post to my youtube channel. Look under the playlist:
wwww.youtube.com/martinadlington 


I am currently working on a series of  interventions/reinterpretations of Pacific & NZ history for the “Ten Thousand Things” exhibition.
Below is my take on James Cook as relating to Alan Moorhead’s book “Fatal Impact”:

 The address of my blog on my activities in this field is:
www.culture-jams.blogspot.co.nz

No comments:

Post a Comment