Friday, October 2, 2015

march exhibition

I have been invited to exhibit in a group assemblage show at the Depot Community Artspace in Devonport, Auckland, in March 2016.

The show is entitled "10,000 Things" from the works of Lao Tsu:

'The name that can be named is not the eternal name. The nameless is the beginning of heaven and Earth. The named is the mother of the ten thousand things'. Read more at:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tao_Te_Ching 

In this blog I will share my creative process and procedures while I prepare my exhibits.

As I work mainly with recycled materials, readers can expect to accompany me on many visits to dumpsters, trawls through trash, beachcombing trips, and general fossiking in markets, sheds, and thrift shops.
I will document my finds, ideas and construction methods in text, photographs and videos.

Some videos are already on my youtube channel:

wwww.youtube.com/martinadlington 

Look under the playlist:

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLoxxxFYRrw7W8BAcxKmlWzKmoChgQDfcD

Read about the Depot at:

www.depotartspace.co.nz

Show curator Jason Burgess is most supportive of fellow creatives. Read Jason's blog:

www.burgseyephotos.blogspot.com


 

No comments:

Post a Comment